DIOCESAN INTEGRATED MISSION PROGRAM
The three missional programs of the Episcopal Church in the Philippines namely: Social Ministry Unit, Evangelism and Christian Education Program which were in place when it became an autonomous province of the Anglican Communion in May 1990 have been re-structured as one. It is now called the INTEGRATED MISSION OFFICE and all seven diocese are similarly structured. This is in recognition with the changes and challenges in the mission field as the ECP continues to respond to God’s mission in the distinct contexts in the dioceses.
In this diocese, the program is presently handled by an Integrated Mission Officer with a Program Assistant. However, program of activities under the previous three separate programs continue with a more intentional interconnectivity of purpose framed by the spirit of the Five Marks of Mission of the Anglican Communion:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom;
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers;
- To respond to human needs by loving service;
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation; and
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of Creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.